It won’t have escaped your notice that video is an increasingly popular trend for brands and marketers in 2021. As well as being a highly effective marketing tool, it’s also great for explaining ideas and concepts in a way that is clear, visual, and easily digestible.
Businesses have recognized the benefits of embracing the branding power of video and, in particular, online video. Apparel brands create visual lookbooks for their clothes, and cosmetic companies produce makeup tutorials to market their products. And, naturally, fitness bloggers and health marketing companies can use video to boost and market their businesses too.
The Many Advantages of Video Marketing
It's getting harder and harder to stand out. Facebook reach is dead. Instagram is crowded. Millions of blogs are produced every day. One thing's for sure though. People love to watch video. And the video blogging and marketing channels are still in the early days. Read on to find out how embracing online video can help boost your health business today…
Attract more customers
The health industry is becoming an increasingly prolific avenue for businesses to pursue. As the emphasis on our wellbeing grows more popular, consumers are switching onto welnness trneds such as workout programs, diet plans, yoga classes, and so on.
As a result, the market is becoming saturated, with brands jostling for space — and consumer attention. To lift your business above the crowd, you need to go the extra mile.
Online video is the perfect medium to do this. With so much competition, it’s important that you clearly and lucidly show your audience why your product or service is better than that of the other brands on the market.
Customers need to be led, not left to their own devices. You need to explicitly state why you’re better. With video, brands can highlight their unique selling points in a brief, easily digestible clip.
This is especially true in the health industry, as it spawns dozens of new, innovative products and services all the time. New diet plans, health supplements, exercise regimens — these aren’t like clothes or makeup. The benefits need to be clearly explained in order to draw in your customers.
Identify your product or services’ unique selling points, then create a short video highlighting them clearly and succinctly. Use visual techniques to really underscore each one. For example, use bold text and relevant imagery to visually emphasize each USP as you outline them.
Social Media Videos
Here's a vertical social media video we created for a CrossFit brand. This works great on Instagram, Facebook, and even Pinterest. This is a good facebook video ad example to see what can be done with simple tools. Viral video marketing is especially important on social media channels
Educate your customers and pass on value with video explainers
To the uninitiated, the world of health and wellbeing can be an impregnable field. Between calisthenics, unsaturated fats, cardiovascular issues and counting calories, what might seem crystal clear to medical professionals often seems like another language to the everyday consumer.
As such, it’s important that brands help inform their customers so they know that they’re making the best decision for their health and wellbeing. As a health business, you are in the perfect position to be able to convey knowledgeable, useful advice to your customers.
Video is a great medium for communicating this. Where customers might find reams and reams of dense text tough to negotiate and interpret, a video can use visuals and audio to walk viewers through even the most complex of concepts.
But more than just communicating a complex medical concept, these videos communicate value. When a health business regularly creates and shares useful, informative videos that are easy to understand, they show their customers that they occupy a position of authority.
Recognizing this, their audience will return to them time and again for more of the same time. This is essentially content marketing, generating repeat traffic and, as a result, a loyal consumer base that will be more likely to make a purchase.
Online video is a way for your brand to provide your customers with value. Identify hot topic issues related to your health business niche that your audience is concerned about. Create short clips that explain complex issues by using visual aids such as infographics, diagrams, charts, and so on.
Use Video Marketing Software For Social Proof
Social proof is the phenomenon through which people make a decision based on the actions and behavior of other people.
In a nutshell, it’s genuine approval for a brand, product, or service that comes from a consumer’s peers, rather than a business. It’s also a vital marketing tactic that can be used to generate sales, improve brand image, and raise awareness of a product or service, to name but a few benefits.
It works because consumers perceive it to be coming from an independent third party, rather than a biased source such as a paid influencer or the brand itself.
But while social proof is used to great effect in a wide range of industries, from hospitality to film and media, it’s particularly effective in the health industry.
Consumers in this business value their health and well-being highly, and they want to make the right decision when they’re making a purchase. If someone bought a piece of clothing they didn’t like, it’s not a big deal. But if they’re investing in a health product that has a direct effect on their body, it’s worth some extra consideration.
Social proof can be communicated in a variety of ways: star ratings next to a product, customer quotes on a home page, and so on.
But when the social proof is passed on through video, it gives it extra credibility and, as a result, extra weight too. When consumers see real people providing real positive testimony, they are more likely to trust that testimony. This can boost conversions for your health business, as well as enhance your public image considerably.
To benefit from this tactic, you’ll first need to source social proof for your business. This can be requested through automated emails after a purchase, or by simply reaching out to repeat customers directly.
Request a video testimonial and sweeten the deal with a discount code or freebie. You don’t even need to meet them in person either. A video testimonial that looks like it’s recorded on a webcam can actually make it seem more genuine in your audience's eyes.
Finally, share it across your social and email marketing channels, and embed them on your website for all to see.
Explainer video marketing – Tell your company story
A company’s story is an important element of any brand. It details who you are and what you do, and every business needs one. A brand story helps humanize your business, turning you from a faceless corporate entity into a wholesome, relatable personality that they can connect with.
It also helps you build a stronger relationship with your customers. More and more, brands are seeing the value of taking their customer relationship beyond the transactional and into the personal.
The type of company story you tell depends on your brand image. A popular story is that of an enterprising individual overcoming the odds to achieve success. Another is that of renewal, in which a brand is seen as reinvigorating its customers with its product or service.
Your story could also explain not just what you do, but why you do it. By telling your customers why you value health and well-being so highly, you help cement your position in their eyes as one of authority and knowledge.
Your customers know they can trust you because you’re not just going through the motions to make sales — you come from a place of sincerity, and you’re selling your product or service because you care. As mentioned earlier, this is especially important in the health industry, one in which trust is a powerful factor for consideration when making a purchase.
And while your company story works perfectly on your About Us page, communicating it through video gives it an extra dimension that keeps it in your audience’s minds. By highlighting your value proposition and giving your brand a human face, you will see a stronger, more valuable relationship with your customers.
Find your brand story by identifying who you are, how you got where you are now, and what you offer. Make sure it speaks to your audience’s needs too and refer back to your value proposition.
Next, create a video that communicates this. It doesn’t need to be complicated, and even a simple piece to the camera is enough to captivate audiences. It doesn’t need to be sophisticated either — it’s possible for brands with limited resources to make decent videos that are engaging and high-quality.
Video Marketing Ideas
- Create videos of people using your products and benefitting from your services. Don't just show the product. Show before and after results. Try to make people aware of how they will feel after buying your offer.
- Create How-To Videos. Short, snappy explainer videos and in-depth tutorials reach both types of customers. Video demos are rapidly increasing in popularity. According to MarketingCharts.com “How-to videos have long held strong appeal with consumers”. This is an area that marketers and businesses should consider investing heavily in.
- Use short, easily-digestible videos for Instagram and Facebook stories and ads. Vertical video has become one of the best-converting (for the cost) forms of video advertising. We tested this and it appears to be true.
- Try live streams. All of the social media channels are betting heavily on live video. That's good news for marketers. Facebook and Instagram encourage live video on the platforms and will give you a lot more exposure for your marketing efforts than a plain text post or regular image ad. Live AMAs (Ask Me Anything) videos are a great idea for answering customer questions in real time.
- Answer FAQs in short videos on social media. One video at a time is enough to keep people's attention and to generate regular engagement.
Video Marketing Software
- Canva, better known as the most popular image editing suite for bloggers, marketers, and small businesses, now has a really great video editing tool.
- Descript is one of the fastest growing tools for video editing thanks to the revolutionary tech that lets you edit videos like a Word document. Descript offers tools for video editing, podcast editing, transcription, and more.
- Whether you want to create a video ad and post it on social media, a product demo or explainer video, or even a short social media video, Promo.com has the tools to make that happen. This cloud-based video creation platform is great for creating high-quality video content for your business.
- Make sure you use royalty-free music on your YouTube videos and social media promos. Otherwise, you risk running into copyright issues and could have your channels blocked or banned. Soundstripe and Artlist offer creators unlimited use, and royalty-free songs to use in videos. Another excellent option for royalty-free audio tracks for your videos is AudioHero and you can get 50% off your yearly subscription with code FATFROG50.
- InVideo takes the concept of rapid social media videos to the next level. Build fancy-looking clips with transitions, graphics, and text in minutes.
- Once those YouTube videos are ready, use TubeBuddy to analyze video SEO keywords & traffic, do competitor research, create thumbnails for videos, schedule publishing times, and much more. TubeBuddy is a free Chrome extension.
- Looking for a solution that lets you create slideshow videos, video storyboards, and short posts for Instagram, Facebook,
andother social channels? Adobe Spark is completely free and backed by the power of one of the original graphics companies.
- Vimeo is one of the most popular video hosting platforms and a great place to host your videos. Unlike YouTube, video content from Vimeo can be customized to your brand. Remove ads, and Vimeo branding, and keep everything looking super professional.
- Looking for an easy way to edit videos and images, and include visual effects in your projects? You might want to try at FXhome. It's free to use so you've nothing to lose. Easily tailor your videos to fit any social media platform and share them online with this new video editing tool
Online video is a hugely popular marketing tool that can be deployed in a variety of ways. From leveraging social proof and educating customers to communicating your company story and building a stronger customer relationship, video is key. With 2022 just around the corner, video marketing will continue to be of huge importance to businesses, and the health industry is no exception. In a growing and competitive market, health businesses must do everything they can to stay ahead. By embracing online video in your marketing channels, you can boost your health business vastly, seeing growth well into the new year and beyond.