It won’t have escaped your notice that video is an increasingly popular trend for brands and marketers in 2018. As well as being a highly effective marketing tool, it’s also great for explaining ideas and concepts in a way that is clear, visual, and easily digestible.
A range of businesses has recognized the benefits of embracing the power of video and, in particular, online video. Apparel brands create visual lookbooks for their clothes, and cosmetic companies produce makeup tutorials to market their products. And, naturally, fitness bloggers and health marketing companies can use video to boost and market their businesses too.
The Many Advantages of Video Marketing
It's getting harder and harder to stand out. Facebook reach is dead. Instagram is crowded. Millions of blogs are produced every day. One thing's for sure though. People love to watch video. And the video blogging and marketing channels are still in the early days. Read on to find out how embracing online video can help boost your health business today…
Attract more customers
The health industry is becoming an increasingly prolific avenue for businesses to pursue. As the emphasis on our wellbeing grows more popular, consumers are switching onto welnness trneds such as workout programs, diet plans, yoga classes, and so on.
As a result, the market is becoming saturated, with brands jostling for space — and consumer attention. To lift your business above the crowd, you need to go the extra mile.
Online video is the perfect medium to do this. With so much competition, it’s important that you clearly and lucidly show your audience why your product or service is better than that of the other brands on the market.
Customers need to be led, not left to their own devices. You need to explicitly state why you’re better. With video, brands can highlight their unique selling points in a brief, easily digestible clip.
This is especially true in the health industry, as it spawns dozens of new, innovative products and services all the time. New diet plans, health supplements, exercise regimens — these aren’t like clothes or makeup. The benefits need to be clearly explained in order to draw in your customers.
Identify your product or services’ unique selling points, then create a short video highlighting them clearly and succinctly. Use visual techniques to really underscore each one. For example, use bold text and relevant imagery to visually emphasize each USP as you outline them.
Here's a vertical social media video we created for a CrossFit brand. This works great on Instagram, Facebook, and even Pinterest. This is a good facebook video ad example to see what can be done with simple tools.
Educate your customers and pass on value with video explainers
To the uninitiated, the world of health and wellbeing can be an impregnable field. Between calisthenics, unsaturated fats, cardiovascular issues and counting calories, what might seem crystal clear to medical professionals often seems like another language to the everyday consumer.
As such, it’s important that brands help inform their customers so they know that they’re making the best decision for their health and wellbeing. As a health business, you are in the perfect position to be able to convey knowledgeable, useful advice to your customers.
Video is a great medium for communicating this. Where customers might find reams and reams of dense text tough to negotiate and interpret, a video can use visuals and audio to walk viewers through even the most complex of concepts.
But more than just communicating a complex medical concept, these videos communicate value. When a health business regularly creates and shares useful, informative videos that are easy to understand, they show to their customers that they occupy a position of authority.
Recognising this, their audience will return to them time and again for more of the same time. This is essentially content marketing, generating repeat traffic and, as a result, a loyal consumer base that will be more likely to make a purchase.
Online video is a way for your brand to provide your customers with value. Identify hot topic issues related to your health business niche that your audience are concerned about. Create short clips that explain complex issues by using visual aids such as infographics, diagrams, charts, and so on.
Social proof is the phenomenon through which people make a decision based on the actions and behaviour of other people.
In a nutshell, it’s genuine approval for a brand, product, or service that comes from a consumer’s peers, rather than a business. It’s also a vital marketing tactic that can be used to generate sales, improve brand image, and raise awareness of a product or service, to name but a few benefits.
It works because consumers perceive it to be coming from an independent third party, rather than a biased source such as a paid influencer or the brand itself.
But while social proof is used to great effect in a wide range of industries, from hospitality to film and media, it’s particularly effective in the health industry.
Consumers in this business value their health and wellbeing highly, and they want to make the right decision when they’re making a purchase. If someone bought a piece of clothing they didn’t like, it’s not a big deal. But if they’re investing in a health product that has a direct effect on their body, it’s worth some extra consideration.
Social proof can be communicated in a variety of ways: star ratings next to a product, customer quotes on a home page, and so on.
But when social proof is passed on through video, it gives it extra credibility and, as a result, extra weight too. When consumers see real people providing real positive testimony, they are more likely to trust that testimony. This can boost conversions for your health business, as well as enhancing your public image considerably.
To benefit from this tactic, you’ll first need to source social proof for your business. This can be requested through automated emails after a purchase, or by simply reaching out to repeat customers directly.
Request a video testimonial and sweeten the deal with a discount code or freebie. You don’t even need to meet them in person either. A video testimonial that looks like it’s recorded on a webcam can actually make it seem more genuine in your audience's’ eyes.
Finally, share it across your social and email marketing channels, and embed them on your website for all to see.
Explainer video marketing – Tell your company story
A company’s story is an important of any brand. It details who you are and what you do, and every business needs one. A brand story helps humanize your business, turning you from a faceless corporate entity into a wholesome, relatable personality that they can connect with.
It also helps you build a stronger relationship with your customers. More and more, brands are seeing the value of taking their customer relationship beyond the transactional and into the personal.
The type of company story you tell depends on your brand image. A popular story is that of an enterprising individual overcoming the odds to achieve success. Another is that of renewal, in which a brand is seen as reinvigorating their customers with their product or service.
Your story could also explain not just what you do, but why you do it. By telling your customers why you value health and wellbeing so highly, you help cement your position in their eyes as one of authority and knowledge.
Your customers know they can trust you because you’re not just going through the motions to make sales — you come from a place of sincerity, and you’re selling your product or service because you care. As mentioned earlier, this is especially important in the health industry, one in which trust is a powerful factor for consideration when making a purchase.
And while your company story works perfectly on your About Us page, communicating it through video gives it an extra dimension which keeps it in your audience’s minds. By highlighting your value proposition and giving your brand a human face, you will see a stronger, more valuable relationship with your customers.
Find your brand story by identifying who you are, how you got where you are now, and what you offer. Make sure it speaks to your audience’s needs too and refer back to your value proposition.
Next, create a video that communicates this. It doesn’t need to be complicated, and even a simple piece to camera is enough to captivate audiences. It doesn’t need to be sophisticated either — it’s possible for brands with limited resources to make decent videos that are engaging and high-quality.
Video Marketing Ideas
- Create videos of people using your products and benefitting from your services. Don't just show the product. Show before and after results. Try to make people aware of how they will feel after buying your offer.
- Create How To Videos. Short, snappy explainer videos and in-depth tutorials reach both types of customer. Video demos are rapidly increasing in popularity. According to MarketingCharts.com “How-to videos have long held strong appeal with consumers”. This is an area marketers and businesses should consider investing heavily in.
- Use short easily-digestible video for Instagram and Facebook stories and ads. Vertical video has become one of the best-converting (for the cost) forms of video advertising. We tested this and it appears to be true.
- Try livestreams. All of the social media channels are betting heavily on live video. That's good news for marketers. Facebook and Instagram encourage live video on the platforms and will give you a lot more exposure for your marketing efforts than a plain text post or regular image ad. Live AMAs (Ask Me Anything) videos are a great idea for answering customer questions in real time.
- Answer FAQs in short videos on social media. One video at a time is enough to keep people's attention and to generate regular engagement.
Online video is a hugely popular marketing tool that can be deployed in a variety of ways. From leveraging social proof and educating customers to
Video Marketing Software
- Vimeo is one of the most popular video hosting platforms and a great place to deliver your videos from. Unlike YouTube, video content from Vimeo can be customized to your brand. Remove ads, Vimeo branding, and keep everything looking super professional.
- Create professional-looking videos for Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube in minutes with Wave
- InVideo takes the concept of rapid social media videos to the next level. Build fancy looking clips with transitions, graphics, and text in minutes.
- Once those YouTube videos are ready, use TubeBuddy to analyze video SEO keywords & traffic, do competitor research, create thumbnails for videos, scheduling publishing times, and much more. TubeBuddy is a free Chrome extension.
- One of the best ways to market your products or services is to create a course. By designing and creating video courses you answer your customer's questions, prove your authority, and curate communities around your products. Teachable provides an all-in-one content creation and video hosting solution.
- VooPlayer is a video marketing suite that allows you to customize, analyze and add amazing graphics to videos hosted anywhere including on YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Amazon, and personal web servers. VooPlayer is one of the easiest video hosting tools available.
- Host your own videos, in your preferred formats on Publitio, a platform that takes care of processing, delivery of images, videos & audio files for web and mobile apps. Publitio has a built-in media player with video ads support and is one of the most economical solutions available.
Animatronis an online animation maker for animated explainer videos, whiteboards, HTML5 (animated) banners, Create HTML5 animations, and animated presentations for social media, YouTube, Facebook native, or your website.
- Looking for a solution that lets you create slideshow videos, video storyboards, and short posts for Instagram, Facebook,
andother social channels? Adobe Spark is completely free and backed by the power of one of the original graphics companies.
- If you want to get deep into video content production for your business and learn how to create videos that turn browsers into buyers, check out Viddyoze Academy. There are 170 tutorials and over 100 hours of footage so you've no excuse not to get started.
Video Marketing Services
Looking for a video marketing company that can deliver quality work? We have a network of videographers and photographers in the health, wellness, outdoor, wedding, travel, and food niches.
Talk to us today to see how we can help you run effective visual marketing campaigns